Call for papers – Clarity 2018 Symposium
Plain Language in Modern Times
Clarity 2018 is calling for papers for the next edition of its symposium, which will focus on the usage of plain language in law to improve access to justice. This international event will be held from October 25 to 27, 2018, in Montreal.
Total presentations: 60 (30 one-hour sessions, each containing two presentations)
Recommended format: 20-minute oral presentation followed by a 10-minute question period
Other formats: practical workshop, training session, group discussion, quiz, personal account, film/documentary, case study, etc.
Main subtopics :
- Plain language as a factor of progress for justice systems
- Legal information and citizen education: knowledge is power
- Plain language as a driver for socioeconomic development
- Plain language through technology
- Principles of effective plain language in law
- Adapting messages to target audiences
For further details on the different subtopics, click here.
Call for papers – important dates :
November 27, 2017
Call for papers posted online
February 28, 2018
Deadline for papers
May 1, 2018
Announcement of the official selection of papers by the scientific committee